Medicare Supplement Plans AZ Specialist - Scott Kerby
480-331-5244 - 602-430-5041
Compare Medicare Advantage, Supplement, Dental, and Prescription Drug Plans
By providing your information you agree that a Medicare Guidance Center licensed representative may reach out by text, email, or phone to provide a plan comparison and answer any questions.
Free Medicare Supplement Plan Comparison Simple, Immediate Results
Testimonial for Scott Kerby
Arizona Medicare Supplement Plans
Medicare supplement plans in Arizona, sold by private companies, can help pay some health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover like co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles. With our Arizona Medicare Supplement Plans Comparison Tool you can evaluate options that are available to you. These plans are also known as Medigap plans.
Some Arizona Medicare supplement plans also offer coverage for services that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like medical care when you travel outside the country. If you have Original Medicare and you buy a Medicare Supplement plan, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs. Then your supplement plan pays its share.
Arizona Medicare Supplement Plans are different from Medicare Advantage Plans. Those plans are different ways to get Medicare benefits while a supplement plan just supplements your Original Medicare benefits.
8 things to know about Arizona Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medicare Part A and B should be active to enroll.
- If you’re already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can still apply for a Medicare supplement plan. Just make sure you can leave the Medicare Advantage Plan before your supplement plan begins.
- You pay the private insurance company a monthly premium for your Medicare supplement plan in addition to the monthly Part B premium that you pay to Medicare.
- A Medicare supplement plan only covers one person. If you and your spouse both want supplemental coverage, you’ll each have to buy separate policies.
- You can buy a Medicare supplement plan from any insurance company that’s licensed in to sell one in Arizona.
- Any standardized Medicare supplement plan is guaranteed renewable even if you have health problems. This means the insurance company can’t cancel your supplement plan as long as you pay the premium.
- Some Medicare supplement plans that were sold in the past cover prescription drugs but plans sold after January 1, 2006, aren’t allowed to include prescription drug coverage. If you want prescription drug coverage, you can join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).
- It’s illegal for anyone to sell you a Medicare supplement plan if you already have a Medicare Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plan.
Medicare Supplement Plans don’t cover everything
Arizona Medicare supplement plans generally don’t cover long-term care, vision or dental care, hearing aids, eyeglasses, or private-duty nursing. Our guidance center can help individuals view all medicare supplement plans in AZ for 2019. We are a proud top medicare insurance brokers Arizona.
Medicare Supplement Plan Comparison